Tuesday 27 November 2012

Masthead research

I have been looking on a website called visual thesaurus which allows you to type in a key word such as 'sound' or 'music' and creats a mind map surrounded by word associated with your selected key word.
Say i typed in the word 'POP', to the right a mind map would appear with words such as;

- Popular
- Bulge out
- Pop out
- Burst
- Fire
- Throw
- Split
- Break out
- Collapse

Another word i could pick is 'beat', and the words that would appear would be;

- Drum
- Scramble
- Pulse
- Vibration
- Pace
- Exhaust
- Amaze
- Jam
-Glitz

I liked how this mind map idea gave me loads of words associated with the main word meaning i could have a range to pick from. Or even if i didnt like the words that came up, it would give me some inspiration. I like the name 'Glitz' and think that will be the name for my magazine. I like the way it is completely unrelated to POP but this is what attracts me too it.

No comments:

Post a Comment